Monday, March 23, 2009

our very own earth machine.

Matt and I picked up one of these sweet things for ourselves this weekend - courtesy of Orange County Solid Waste Management. We've gone back and forth about making a composter ourselves, but then I heard about the OC Solid Waste sale (thanks, WUNC!) and thought it was a great deal.

The Earth Machine is made of recycled, UV-resistant plastic and has a 10-year warranty. Lookout earthworms and other helpful microorganisms - Guig's Gourmet will be open soon for you to feast away on assorted fruit and veggie scraps, coffee grinds, tea leaves, grass, weeds, and leaves.

3 comments:

Fulton said...

im going to need a demonstration next time i come over.

Jess Redman said...

Can you do a video post? I want to see how this thing works...and see how big it is. Maybe a live demo would be better...

matt said...

you kinda just dump stuff in and let it sit there for weeks/months until it's composted. i think a demonstration would be a little disappointing, but we can certainly show you once we get it set up.