Sunday, August 09, 2009

Gearing Up

It's been a long time since I've blogged anything, but I finally mustered up enough motivation to post something today. I'm going to try to contribute more in the future. Meg has lovingly mentioned to me that I'm not carrying my weight. I used to say the same thing to her when we first started this blog, so it's really only fair for me to take some flak for it.

It should come as no surprise that my first post after a long hiatus is about football. The season is right around the corner and I am ridiculously excited about it. The first NFL preseason game is tonight (!!!) and the Redskins play their first one this Thursday. I assume everyone has already blocked off September 13 on their calendar, which is opening day for the 'Skins.

As part of my wedding gift last year, Meg got me a Redskins flag to hang outside the house on game days. We didn't have a flag holder or a flagpole though, and had a surprisingly difficult time finding ones we liked at Lowes/Home Depot (apparently Fall/Winter is not a popular time to be buying flag-hanging equipment), so I resorted to hanging the flag from the top of the porch with packaging tape every Sunday last year. It got the job done, but it was perhaps not the classiest workmanship you've ever seen.

So this past Christmas she got me the flag holder and the flag pole, along with a Redskins decal for my car, which I had been asking for (it concerns me that people driving by me on the highway might not be aware that I'm a Redskins fan. Imagine if they assumed I was a Carolina Panthers fan, just because I happen to live in NC. It's unthinkable, really.). Being the wonderful and appreciative husband that I am, I let everything sit in the garage for 7 months until today.



I am officially ready for the start of the season! All we need now is an American flag to hang so we can be patriotic on the 4th of July.

HTTR! (That's "Hail to the Redskins" if you're a n00b.)

1 comments:

Jess Redman said...

GO COWBOYS!!