To my millions of readers, sorry i haven't updated this in a while. Life has been busy. The current top news story, of course, is that matt bought a new car. damn right. and it's pimp. Despite all the talk about making a road trip to get the special edition model of the Mazda3, or paying extra money to get it here in Raleigh, I went to the dealer to look again and the regular S model and decided it wasn't worth the extra money to get all the extra features on the SP model. I thought maybe I was just telling myself that to allay my feelings of selling myself short and not getting the one I've been lusting after for so long. But I really started to feel like some of those features didn't belong on a Mazda3. Extras like rain-sensing windshield wipers, while cool, really have no place on an "economy" car. It began to seem as though they were trying to make the car something it's not, and I didn't want to regret buying it. Also I started to really like the blue one, and I could only get the other one in dark grey. I'll put some pictures up soon, but yeah, my car is very new, very awesome, and very blue. And awesome.
In other news, work is busy as crap. It's been non-stop lately. I remember at my first co-op at IBM I played foosball all the time...often multiple times throughout any given day. It was great. The second and third co-ops there was still some, but significantly less foosball. Since I started full-time I think I've played twice, and that's just sad. Apparently I now measure workload in foosball minutes. I'm a tool.
So yeah, there's not much interesting to talk about despite how busy I've been. The car venture took up a ton of time. I'm pretty much done, except that there's a scratch on one side that I'm making them fix. It's small, but if there are going to be scratches on my brand new car (by the way, there were 12 miles on it when I first got in. sweet.) I want to be the one that puts them there. Anyway, I have a new car now, complete with my own car insurance and a big-ass loan to pay off over the next 2 years. This whole "being a responsible human being" stuff still freaks me out a little. I have a career, insurance, bills, benefits.....a retirement account for heaven's sake. It's just weird. I suppose I'll get used to it after a while. Ok, I'm done. This has just gotten long. Time to watch basketball. Have a good Easter. Goodnight.
Thursday, March 24, 2005
i bought a car!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment