Friday, July 29, 2011

Megan MacFarland McGuigan, BA, BSN

Somehow we ended up with only 1 decent picture from that day.
Perhaps the 100+ temps had something to do with that...


Graduating was a (huge) step towards my career change.

And these few post-graduation days have been gloriously filled with:
reading for pleasure
running (and sweating - goodness has it been HOT)
being blissfully unaware of the time of day
catching up with friends and loved ones

And for these last few days, I've been merrily living without:
setting an early morning alarm
constantly updating my To-Do list
cracking open a textbook
writing a paper
or studying...

But, my friends, it's now time to get back on the wagon and buckle down.

This morning, I scheduled my appointment to take the NCLEX.
The national licensure exam to become a registered nurse (RN).
The next step in my journey.
More letters behind my name,
and more importantly,
the credentials needed to put my education to good use and GET A JOB.

So it's back to the books, back to studying, and back to a To-Do list and schedule.

But I'm strangely looking forward to this process.
Because this means I'm getting closer.
Closer to my goal. My ambitions. My new role.

Stay tuned. This journey's still very much in process...

And I'm expecting great things ahead.

0 comments: